Monday, September 28, 2009

I Am Lame-o!

“People who claim they love fall and don’t like summer are lame-o!” Ah, Facebook, it allows people to proclaim their inner most thoughts. These were the thoughts of my friend one day a few weeks ago. So, you want to know something? I am LAME-O! And I still love my friend who thinks I am :-) Fall is my favorite time of year.
I love that the mornings and evenings have begun to have that little nip in the air. The dark comes earlier in the evening and as crazy as it sounds I like that also. With autumn, comes the rich colors of orange, yellow, gold, green. Pumpkins sprout up everywhere and scarecrows can be found loitering around town. I don’t do fires my fireplace, but on cool fall days I love to curl up with a good book and a nice cup of tea. It’s all good to me.

The last part of the year is my time to take stock of my life and my brain begins to plan and think about goals. I get the urge to clean and as my mom always used to say “rid out.” I clean out the cobwebs and get rid of stuff I don’t need any more. That goes for my house and my life. I plan for the coming year which includes letting go of thoughts and habits that aren’t important anymore. Just as so much of nature does, I hibernate in order to prepare for new life.

One of the great things about living near the Rocky Mountains is this time of year when the tree leaves begin to turn colors before dropping away for the winter. I especially love this part of fall when nature is painted in brillant colors. This natural part of the life cycle makes for beautiful foliage. This time of year the roads to the high country are full of people wanting to take it all in and capture it on film. I haven't been to the high country this year, but the trees down here in the foothills are turning also and crunching through the dry leaves makes me happy. Of course, I dont' have to rake the leaves when they fall to the yard so that helps to love them :-)


I don’t know when my love of fall began; it just has been this way for a long time. So, fall is in the air and I am in my element!

No comments:

Post a Comment