Friday, October 21, 2011

Crazy Life

So, you know, my life is perfect. My house is always trendy, comfortable, and neat. I’m uber organized.



Always on time. The appliances all work like they’re supposed to.


Yep, MY toilets never get backed up and MY lawn always looks perfect.


The car tires never lose air. The projects I start always get finished and look fabulous to boot.


You will never see me with a hair out of place. I always look like I stepped off the pages of Vogue Magazine.


Perfect and unchaotic, that is me…

My perfect kitchen cabinet with one missing door. Trendy!?!


Bwahahaha! If you believed me, I’ve got some lovely ocean front property…

Last week a friend posted on Facebook about all these seemingly tough things happening in his life. He followed it with the words, “I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

His post got me thinking that about my own life and my sometimes lack of gratitude for what I have. This was my own post about life:

Up since 4am this morning after taking my daddy to the airport, hours cut at work and potential layoffs in the future, a wild cat chasing his tail, more things on the weekend to-do list than hours in the weekend, clicker on car still doesn't work, went to work this morning with a black sock hanging out of my sleeve because of static cling. Life is a crazy ride and God is squeezing me out of my comfort zone, but I love my life. Thanks Dan for reminding me to relish the life God has given me no matter how out of control it sometimes seems.
This friend’s post reminded me that though my life isn’t perfect it’s the one God has given me. It’s the one He will use if I let. I am right where I’m supposed to be and there is a lot to be said for living my own life even if it isn’t perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment