Friday, May 6, 2011

bin Laden is dead

I'm sure you've all heard the news by now that Osama bin Laden has been killed. Finding him has been a long sought after goal and it has finally come to an end.

I have no love for Osama and the hate that he lived and breathed. However, I was a little dismayed by some of the revelry that went on after the news broke.

Here are two quotes that sum up how I've been feeling this week....

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy, returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked," declares the Lord GOD, "rather than that he should turn from his ways and live? 
~Ezekiel 18:23

No comments:

Post a Comment