Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I Love Me Some Baseball!

It's that time of year when the boys of summer make their appearance on diamonds across the country. I am lucky to live close to the stadium for our local minor league team.

I love the crack of  the bats, hearing the ump cry, "You'rrrreee Outttt!", the smell of hot dogs and beer, the sun going down and the lights coming up. It's all a load of fun for me.

I've been a fan since I was the manager of the high school baseball team for a couple of years. Watching our local team play brings back happy memories.

Here are some scenes from last night's game which we won.


My boys are in white.


This guy made me laugh. He batted from both sides and as he was setting up he'd bend way back and sometimes do this little wave like thing.


Henry Young, JUNIOR (that's the way the announcer said it....with the emphasis on the junior.)

Looks like he's casually strolling across home plate.


This is the Culver's build a butter burger contest with Soxx cheering on the contestants.





Soxx the Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment