Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Walk to End Alzheimer's

There are some things in this world that I just don't like. Way, way up on the list of things I don't like is dementia. It may rank number 1, that's how much I dislike it.

You may know that dementia has messed with my family. It makes me angry when something messes with my family. I wrote a post on my anger about dementia. I'm fighting it and will continue fighting it. A couple of things are happening in the next few months that I will be writing more about in upcoming posts.

My mother had Lewy Body Dementia. You can read more about it by clicking the tab at the top of  the page. It is related to Alzheimer's, but is a separate and distinct disease. I support the Lewy Body Dementia Association. They will be sponsoring a Month to Remember in October and I will be giving more information in the weeks to come here on my blog.

I also support the Alzheimer's Association because we also have this form of dementia in our family. Each year the Alzheimer's Association has walks all over the country to raise money and awareness. My family participates in this walk and I would like to ask you to consider joining a walk in your area. Check out this video for more information.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tamera ~

    Vonnie (Yvonne Blake) suggested that I take a look at your blog! Not sure where in the Rockies you live but we live near Guffey, CO! Have been here and in the Colorado Springs/Monument area for almost 18 years now.

    My dad had Lewy Bodies! I will take time to read more of your blog real soon!

    Blessings,

    Marijo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely a small world. I'm so glad Vonnie sent you my way.

    I just visited your blog and look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete