Monday, August 22, 2011

Art as Consolation

Friday we had the opportunity to visit our local art museum where one of the exhibits was by an artist named Joellyn Duesberry.


In one of the descriptions she talks about Mozart and his concept of art as consolation for the chaos in the world. As I pondered that thought I realized how true those words are. In a world full of war, poverty, national debt, murder, illness, etc we are blessed with beautiful paintings, photographs, music, writing to soothe our souls.

One of the paintings I especially liked was of a beach in Maine. I took a picture of it, but the photo doesn’t do the work justice.



Places will settle in my imagination as if they were people or acquaintances that I want to revisit. ~ Joelleyn Duesberry

No comments:

Post a Comment