Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Antique Market Fun

So as I wrote last week, it has been a tad bit warm here. That by the way is what you would call understatement. Being a cool weather girl myself I am tolerating the heat, but only barely. I love the sunshine. I just wish it wasn't quite so hot that I always feel like a sweating mess.

Anyway, since I am between employment gigs at the moment I have been looking for fun, inexpensive things to do. Friday I decided it was a good day to visit a local antique market. It has been ages since I have been there. It is fun to roam around the huge showroom that is divided into little stalls for each merchant to show off their kit and kaboodle. And, it was AIR CONDITIONED!

One of the very first things I saw was this:


It is a picnic table cloth that made me giggle since Mom made me a dress out of this same material the summer between 7th and 8th grade! I will have to see if I can find a pic of me in the dress to share with you.



Then this fancy thing caught my eye:




I was taking pictures on my cell phone so this one didn't come out great. It might be hard to see, but the antlers of this fella hold a phone made out of tree pieces! Doesn't it make you just want one for your living room!?!



Speaking of cell phones, I had to take this picture because it seemed kind of ironic to be taking a picture of old timey cameras on my cell phone camera!





Here's another blast from the past. We actually had one of these coolers back in the day.





Now you know when you get the deer phone you will need something to set it on. So may I suggest this?



Not sure who would buy an elephant table, but especially one where two elephants have broken trunks and the fake ones are being held on by tape.



The thing with antique shops is that you get to take a trip down memory lane. Some of you young readers may not have ever seen one of these contraptions...



Yes, it's a record player (pre CD musical entertainment!) and yes, those are monkeys. I don't know why, they are just hanging out in this tree....





This is one of the fuzzier pictures, but I couldn't resist snapping this one. Another must have for the fashionable living room! Seriously, don't you want a wolf with a bird in it's mouth in your house!?!





And, here's a suggestion for the next time you need to really make a fashion statement.




 This place does have some really cool stuff and I have purchased things at the market to decorate my home. But, today being a hot Friday, was just a day for silliness and memory lane trips!

PS Last night when I was cleaning off my very cluttered desk I found not 1, but 2 gift certificates to this very store that I had forgotten I had.....guess I may have to make another trip down memory lane sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment