Monday, December 13, 2010

Everything I Need to Know about Life I Learned from a Tom Hanks Movie

It’s no secret that I am a Tom Hanks fan. I found this little list while cleaning my office and thought I would share it with you. It wasn't dated so I'm not sure when I wrote it, but I find its wisdom still applicable.

1. You can make a square peg fit in a round hole with plastic bags, duct tape and a gym sock.

2. Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get.

3. There’s magic in those three little words…“You’ve Got Mail.”

4. When you’re sleepless in Seattle try calling Dr. Marsha.

5. Don’t wait for a brain cloud to start living your life.

6. Wearing one red shoe isn’t a fashion statement and can get you mixed up with the wrong crowd.

7. You don’t have always have to act like a grown-up to be a grown-up.

8. Don’t be afraid to say, “I don’t get it.”

9. You can’t judge your neighbors by their looks.

10. You’re never too old to follow your dreams; you just have to have the courage to step out and possibly fail. You can’t succeed if you never risk failure.


There you have it. It’s true folks, we Tom fans are in a league of our own!

Can you name the movies these come from!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment