Wednesday, March 16, 2011

15 Years, 17 Million Adoptions: Rescuing a Bundle of Joy

Hey! Have you heard? Petfinder is 15 years old and they have assisted in 17 million adoptions in those years. That's a whole lot of furry, wiggly, tail-wagging love being brought into existence.

Three years ago I used Petfinder to be united with my sweet Wilson. You can read about bringing home kitty here.  You can also read Wilson's thoughts (as interpreted by his cat whisperer mommy - me!) in this post about the game of life. Wilson has been the joy of my life these last three years and I am so grateful for the role Petfinder played in helping me find him.

If you are thinking about adopting a pet you should check out Petfinder. They work with rescue organizations all over the country. All you have to do is visit the Petfinder web site and use their search feature. You choose the type of animal and breed, type in your zip code and it will bring up a list of pets in your area who are looking for forever homes.

Happy Birthday, Petfinder! Keep up the good work!

Petfinder Adopt-the-Internet Day

No comments:

Post a Comment