Friday, July 15, 2011

It Sounds Like Redemption

The rain is coming down. It splatters against the windows and rattles the vent on the fireplace. The quiet night is broken by the sound. It’s a beautiful sound. It’s the sound of redemption.


Our land is dry. The grass is brown and trees are not filling out much this year. There just hasn’t been significant moisture for this area. If you listen closely you can almost hear the earth calling out for release from the prison of barrenness.

I don’t know about you, but my soul is like that sometimes. Life takes and takes and takes and gives up nothing in return. My spirit withers under the harshness of it all. Like the earth I cry out for release from my barrenness.

When the time is right; God’s time, not mine, the healing water comes like the rain. It splatters down into my life. It drenches my soul and buoys my spirit. Redemption rings through my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment