Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Determination

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.  ~Mahatma Gandhi


Have you heard about Cha Sa Soon? I heard about her on the radio this morning and didn’t know whether to be amused or inspired.

According to the radio report Cha Sa Soon is a 68 year old woman in South Korea who was determined to get her driver’s license in order to support her business. She took the written test which required 60 out of 100 correct t in order to pass. She took it once and failed, twice and failed, three times and failed. Turns out she took the test 950 times before passing!

She does still have to pass an actual driving test before getting her license. Can you imagine, though, the perseverance it took to continue going to take that test? She knew what she wanted and she went after it. Cha Sa Soon certainly has an indomitable will.

While I am not sure I would want to drive the same roads as someone who had to take a driver’s test so many times I tip my hat to this spunky lady. Her story should be a lesson and encouragement for us. She never gave up and finally attained her dream. So, the next time I try and fail I will remember Cha Sa Soon and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment