Friday, November 20, 2009

Random Thoughts of Triviality

1. This morning the sky over the mountains was dusky gray as I left for work. The not yet set moon cast a silvery back glow and the rosy glow of the sun had yet to make an appearance. It gave me a serene yet eerie feeling.

2. I have a hard time not taking a dare so when I read a blog that started I DARE YOU I knew I had to join the fun. So, this morning I referred to my coworkers as Bob and made one Bob almost choke on her breakfast when she laughed over it :-)

3. I don’t really like chocolate candy unless it has something yummy mixed in like peanut butter, nuts, or caramel.

4. On the corner near my house a Christmas tree lot has sprung up. My own brand new pre lit Christmas tree sits in its box waiting patiently to be put up. And I have pulled out some of my favorite Christmas CDs which will be placed in the CD player in the Sheriff (thus named because I needed a Tom Hanks related name for my car and he became Sheriff Woody, the character Tom voiced in "Toy Story") so I can sing along at the top of my voice as I drive to work.

5. This morning I saw one of those white decals on the back window of an SUV. It was a picture of a viking or barbarian. I was instantly transported back to 11th grade algebra with Mr. Daniels. I sat in the very last seat in the 2nd row to the left of the classroom door. In front of me sat Kevin, the Senior Class President and next to me was Dave, the goofy, adorable football player. Dave called himself “Acid the Barbarian” and drew pictures of himself that looked just like the decal. These two guys laughed and joked with me as if I was a peer. I was a shy, socially awkward teenager and this meant more to me than they will ever know.

6. I met Dave’s older brother two years ago after Mom died. He is the manager of the cemetery where we buried her. There was no way to hide the fact that they are brothers they look so much alike. He told me Dave had turned into a real egghead when he went to college and had graduated with multiple degrees. In the past 26ish years he has become a happily married man with two kids, but according to his brother is still the goofy barbarian :-)

7.  Today I lost one of my favorite earrings - one that my brother rescued from the drain pipe in my parents bathroom two years ago - down beside one of the seats in my car. I can see it, I just can't reach it. This frustrates me.

8. These thoughts came to me during the day on Thursday and though I have the urge to come up with an even 10 thoughts I think I will step outside my box and stop here.


Today I am grateful for people in my life who have helped to shape the woman I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment