Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What's Up With Marley?

What’s up with Marley? Well, right now, your guess is as good as mine. I think Marley has a story to tell and he seemed really eager to get everything out in the open, but lately things have been kind of quiet with Marley.


I’ve been thinking about Marley and the blog a lot lately. I intended for his story to be a serial told in increments each week. I’ve run into some problems with the plan. It just isn’t working the way I had hoped.

Voice and keeping the point of view consistency in the story is a problem. This is something that I often have to work on when I am revising a story. When the story is coming out in bits and pieces each week sometimes the issues don’t get caught.

Length has also been a problem. The “expert” advice about blogs is all over the place in terms of what is too long. I’ve tried to keep the posts shorter, but that seems to cut things off unnaturally. It also seems to stunt the momentum.

I still want to write Marley’s story and I would still love to be able to do it on the blog. I think I need to go back to the drawing board and toss this around a little bit more to figure out how to solve some of the issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment