Friday, September 30, 2011

Epic

Driving to work the other day a sign caught my attention….




EPIC SALE on CIGARETTES!



No kidding, it was epic and it was at the liquor store. I don’t know how epic it was because I don’t smoke cigarettes and the liquor store wasn’t open at 8am.

It got me to thinking, though, about how we use words. According to my Oxford American Dictionary epic is a long story or poem or something on a grand scale.

Was this cigarette sale really something that could be classified as grand!?! I doubt it. I mean it was just cigarettes after all.

As a culture we tend to do this. I know I do. We love things, we hate things. This was the worst day ever! Oh my gosh, I am starving to death right now.

Life can be so melodramatic sometimes, don’t you agree? Now, I really am starving to death so please excuse me while I go eat an epic dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment