Monday, September 5, 2011

Who Do You Say that I Am?

He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" ~Matthew 16:15

Jesus asked these words of the apostles and they responded that He was the Christ. A few weeks ago this was the topic of the sermon on a Saturday night at my dad’s church. This question has followed me for the last few weeks.


He is the Chris, the son of God. True, but as I’ve pondered this I wondered if these words go far enough. My desire is to know Him more and in a very personal way. So I began to ask myself each day this question. “Who do I say He is?”



  • During moments of missing my mother that take my breath away He is my comfort.
“To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.” ~Isaiah 61:2-3



  • In threats of layoff in a tough economy He is my provider.
“There I will provide for you, lest you and your household, and all that you have, come to poverty; for there are still five years of famine.” ~ Genesis 45:11



  • When sickness of body or soul comes He is my healer.
“For I will restore health to you, And heal you of your wounds,' says the Lord…” ~ Jeremiah 30:17


  • When I am fearful He is my peace.
“And the Lord appeared to him the same night and said, "I am the God of your father Abraham; do not fear, for I am with you…” ~ Genesis 26:24

No comments:

Post a Comment