Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Forbidden Territory


I love my Wilson. He pretty much runs the house and I let him get away with a lot. The few rules I have are that he's not allowed on the kitchen counters, the dining room table, or the piano. Other than that he has full reign of the house.

Lately, he has been blatantly snubbing the rules and jumping up on the piano. It is almost as if he is testing me. He sits in front of it, looks at me and then at the piano. I can see in his eyes what he is thinking. And just like that he leaps up and perches on the piano.

Last night as I shooed him down I couldn't help but think how much like Wilson we Christians sometimes are and the verse from 1 Corinthians. We know the rules and yet the forbidden territory beckons and we can't stop ourselves. I can imagine God very lovingly guiding us back into safe territory saying, "I love you, but you can't do that."

All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything. ~ 1 Cor 6:12

1 comment:

  1. Great analogy here! I love being able to relate scripture to real life situations. It makes it so much more understandable.

    ReplyDelete