Thursday, October 29, 2009

Snow Day

Woohoo, snow day today! It’s not often the company I work for closes because of weather, but we are getting lots of snow around here these past few days. Today has been reminiscent of those school time snow days that we all loved as kids. Such possibility they held. So far today I have read the newspaper and worked on the puzzles, caught up on some reading, checked out some of my favorite blogs, snuggled with my kitty cat, and thought about some of the “grownup” things I should do like maybe cleaning the carpets or balancing the checkbook. Instead I decided to make a list of some of the things I am thankful for.

1. Having a warm, cozy home in which to ride out this snow storm.

2. Having a job to have a snow day from.

3. My sweet Wilson who is currently curled up on my bed taking a nap. When I walk into the room he will look up, un-tuck one white paw and wave at me. Such a sweet boy he is!

4. The beauty of the landscape covered in snow (I appreciate this more when I don’t have to be out on the roads that aren’t so beautiful covered in snow!)

5. Wireless Internet access that allows me to connect from anywhere in my house.

6. Not having cabin fever because I can connect with the outside world through the web and my phone :-)

7. My family.

8. A God who loves me.

9. Good books.

10. Diet Pepsi

No comments:

Post a Comment