Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Grand Adventures of Momma Girl and Kitty Boy - Saturday Edition

Today is foggy and drizzly and I am loving it. There is something about this weather that speaks to my soul. Sunny, warm days make me want to get in my car and hit the open road. Rainy, overcast days make me want to curl up with a good book or good movie and my kitty cat.



Kitty Boy curled up without Momma Girl

Wouldn’t this be the perfect day to do just that and snuggle up on the couch? It would if it weren’t for the tragedy that happened this week. It was a Wednesday night like any other. Well, not quite like any other, my nephew turned five and so I went to his house for dinner and birthday cake. That was where I fell in love with Ben and Jerry’s Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream. No, it’s a tragedy that I crave this ice cream now, but that wasn’t the true tragedy of this Wednesday.

But, I digress; it was a day almost like any other. Then I made the tragic decision to do a small load of laundry. It was ten pm when it happened. There, in the middle of the job, Mr. Washer shuddered and died with the basket still full of clothes and water. Distress filled my heart and soul.

I know if you are still reading you are probably thinking I am being a tad melodramatic. Maybe, but you have to understand that for 15 years I lugged laundry to and from my parents house or the Laundromat. It was the bane of my week; I hated laundry day.

I dreaded laundry day for over a decade. Then I bought my house and had a washer and dryer to call my own. I was in love with them. The knowledge that I could do a load any time my little heart desired filled my heart with butterflies and daisies!

But the sad demise of Mr. Washer has stolen the butterflies and daisies. So, today when I rightfully should be curled up with my kitty boy lost in a good story I will once again drag my laundry out of the house, into the truck, and down the road to accomplish the dirty deed. Thankfully, 1-800-Dad-Help has agreed to come by this week and see what can be done with poor, dead Mr. Washer. Keep your fingers crossed that he isn’t really dead, but just in a coma.

Mr. Washer in healthier days

No comments:

Post a Comment