Monday, June 14, 2010

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

Today I visited the zoo with my sister, my niece, and my nephew. I haven't been to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in a looooong time. The last time may have been been when I was in junior high school and I remember on that trip wearing my pink Holly Hobby pant suit and my big, white floppy hat.

After temps in the 90s last week this weekend has been rainy and dreary. The temp was okay for me, but then again I am most comfortable when it hovers around 50-60 degrees. My sister was cold and when the rain started it got colder for her.

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo sits on the side of Cheyenne Mountain and is a beautiful zoo. We got to see quite a few of the animals, but didn't make it to see all of them and some were just plain not being sociable this morning.

I have a new camera that I am still learning my way around and so I got some really good shots and some not so good ones. I thought I would share some of the better shots with you all!

First stop was the giraffe enclosure. I love giraffes; they make me smile. Remember Melman in Madagascar? How can you not love a hypochondriac giraffe!?!


Hey, you got any of those giraffe crackers for me?


This is the African Crowned Crane. They moved quickly and it was tough trying to get a good shot. In this picture if you look in the branches on the top left side you can see one looking at me.


Who doesn't love a meerkat? Especially when he poses for the camera.

Whacha got for a chipmunk to eat?

Downtown Colorado Springs in the distance.

These monkeys partied too much last night and were still sleeping.


Caught this cat (leopard?) despite her not wanting her picture taken.

The Lions just lounging around on a Sunday morning. The kids were behind the rock.

I love the okapi.

Kitchi's jail break partners enjoying their lunch. Kitchi is still on the lam and I presume living the high life of a free river otter.


American Crocodile




This gal posed for me very nicely. There was a docent holding a baby wallabee and silly me walked up and asked, "Is it a bunny?" Duh!


Mr. Tiger relaxing by the waterfall.



Couldn't get a good picture of the peacock without the fence in the way.


The peacock wandering the zoo.


The Giraffe and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment