Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I'm Late, I'm Late for a Very Important Date

I have been here, there, and everywhere else the last two weeks as I covered for my sis while she went to Hawaii to welcome her husband back from his tour in Afghanistan and then for my dad as he went to Phoenix to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of two friends from high school. He and Mom and Gene and Kathy double dated during high school and then got married within months of each other....in October we commemorate the 50th anniversary of Mom and Dad's wedding.

Anyway, yesterday I woke up in my own bed and didn't have to run anywhere to feed kitty cats or get 5 year olds to school for field trips to McDonald's Play Park or Patsy's Candy Shop. Wilson and I spent a lazy morning reading the paper and then I went off to see Toy Story 3. I loved the movie and have a post percolating in my brain that will hit the blog soon!

All of that to say that yesterday I did not even turn the computer on one single time and went off to bed with nary a thought of 12:01 AM when Blogger would have nothing to post on this here humble site. In lieu of a profound post I thought I would make a list (don't ya just love lists!?!) of things I am grateful for these days.

  • The beautiful view of Pikes Peak from my office window.
  • My sweet Wilson (he pretty much always shows up on my list you know!) and his patience with being alone for two weeks while I ran in and out to feed and love him.
  • Good old fashioned work like washing windows - there's nothing like the joy of seeing a job well done and there's nothing like the gloom of watching a thunderstorm diss your hard work :-(
  • The opportunity to slow down, enjoy life, and remember the purpose God gave me in this life.
  • Evaporative coolers to make the house bearable during these summer days.
  • Seeing for the first time in years the beautiful blooms that have popped up around the neighborhood. In years past I said that our area was too dry for beautiful blooms, but it turns out I was so caught up in the rat race that I was missing out on the splendor in life.
There you have it, my gratitude list for the moment. What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment