Anyway, yesterday I woke up in my own bed and didn't have to run anywhere to feed kitty cats or get 5 year olds to school for field trips to McDonald's Play Park or Patsy's Candy Shop. Wilson and I spent a lazy morning reading the paper and then I went off to see Toy Story 3. I loved the movie and have a post percolating in my brain that will hit the blog soon!
All of that to say that yesterday I did not even turn the computer on one single time and went off to bed with nary a thought of 12:01 AM when Blogger would have nothing to post on this here humble site. In lieu of a profound post I thought I would make a list (don't ya just love lists!?!) of things I am grateful for these days.
- The beautiful view of Pikes Peak from my office window.
- My sweet Wilson (he pretty much always shows up on my list you know!) and his patience with being alone for two weeks while I ran in and out to feed and love him.
- Good old fashioned work like washing windows - there's nothing like the joy of seeing a job well done and there's nothing like the gloom of watching a thunderstorm diss your hard work :-(
- The opportunity to slow down, enjoy life, and remember the purpose God gave me in this life.
- Evaporative coolers to make the house bearable during these summer days.
- Seeing for the first time in years the beautiful blooms that have popped up around the neighborhood. In years past I said that our area was too dry for beautiful blooms, but it turns out I was so caught up in the rat race that I was missing out on the splendor in life.