Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Breaking Down

Have you seen the Tom Hanks, Shelly Long movie The Money Pit? In the movie this couple buys a beautiful old house that looks great, but no sooner than the ink has dried on the mortgage the place begins to fall apart. Some days I feel like I am living in that movie!

Seriously, over the weekend I flooded the coffee maker and it stopped working. Last night I knocked the closet door in my office of its track and couldn't get it back on. Today my printer coughed a few dying coughs, spit out some random parts and died. It's all very frustrating when things are falling apart around me.

But, that's life and so what can a girl do about it except keep her chin up and move on. Thankfully, I have been blessed with a little house that is mostly not falling apart and I have stuff. Too much stuff sometimes, but there are people in this world who don't have these things. I am thankful for what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment