Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Race Has Just Begun

Shoot, this was supposed to post on Wednesday and I just realized it never posted because I left it in draft status. Oh well, a day late, but here it is....

On Monday I wrote about finishing my Journeyman course. I relished the feeling of being done, having completed the task set before me. Today, as I pondered the projects I have before me, I realized that this finishing was really just the beginning of the next phase. I think as long as I am alive on this earth I will never truly be done. God has something more for me to do. I am further down the path, but am I still following the path. As I move forward, I pray that I will have the endurance to to finish the race well.



Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily hinders our progress. And let us run with endurance the race that God has set before us. ~Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment