Friday, October 22, 2010

Seedy Underbellys and Pink Sunrises

So, this has been one of those weeks were it seems the seedy underbelly of human nature is all exposed and leering at gentile society. Times like this I just want to pull the covers over my head and ignore the world.

But then, as I was sitting here thinking about what to post, I see my sweet kitty cat on his back in the middle of the living room. His feet were in the air and his soft white belly was just screaming to be rubbed. Suddenly the worse sides of human nature were forgotten and my mind was focused on the things I have to be thankful for. Things like:

  • beautiful pink sunrises
  • being invited to lunch with new coworkers
  • having two amazing sisters and a fabulous brother
  • the morning show DJs who make me laugh on my way to work
  • cigars and such with friends
  • pumpkins, fall leaves, and scarecrows

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment